Friday, September 18, 2009

Surrender

John 7:37-39
On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." by this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Revelation 22:1,2
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Psalm 1:2,3
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

John 15:4-8
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Lord, You are my life source. I am thirsty in this dry land. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for not giving up on me...for standing between me and death and not letting me follow my wicked heart. Lord release Your Spirit to flow in my life. I need living water. Without you I am nothing. I have desired to bring fame to myself and I have neglected your calling for my life, yet You have spoken that my righteousness is as filthy rags. Lord search me, know my inner thoughts and the sin that finds refuge in my mind. Expose the garbage that I've called holy. Give me a new heart and a new mind and new eyes to see who You are. Lord, I'm tired of religion. I want to know You. Show me Your heart. Speak to me Your truth. Give me Your living water, which sustains me. Speak and I will listen. I long to hear Your words and commune with You. I will wait patiently for Your voice.

You have seen My heart and know My ways. You have heard Me calling your name. Now, let go of those things that keep your heart captive. Turn to Me and love what I love. Be refreshed in My river. Bathe and be cleansed. Drink and be satisfied. I've longed for you to know Me. I am Jesus, your Lord. I have walked your path and carried your burdens. I have covered you before My Father and called you beloved. I have collected your tears and I have not forgotten your pain. I have walked through your wilderness and stood by your side. I am all-powerful, I am all-knowing, I do not need your wisdom or your understanding. Surrender to My will and find rest in Me. You seek Me, but feel I have hidden from you. You knock, but doubt that I will answer. I am the Alpha and Omega. Nothing is greater than I. Do not look to the right or the left, but push forward. Allow Me to lead you. Allow Me to do a work in you. Quiet yourself before Me and obey My words. I am here. Drink and be filled to overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment