Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cast the net.

Good morning, Lord. I'm tired today. I'm so grateful for your voice that draws me in. Awaken my spirit.

Luke 5:5
But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net."

My mind is caught up in my situation, and I don't know if I totally trust the work You are doing. I don't understand.

Do not rely on your own understanding. I have said, "Come, let us reason together." My ways are higher than yours. Submit to my Word. Repent of Your sins and follow Me.

Lord, show me the sin in my heart.

Your sin is pride. You trust yourself. All good comes from Me. Nothing has value unless I give it. I created you and give you breath. I am the wonderful counselor. I can see what you can't even dream of. I know what you cannot learn. I am what I say I am.

Lord, forgive me for my pride. Teach me to walk in humility and trust Your work. Change my heart, that in my doubt, I would still cast the net out one more time. I love You. Praise You, Jesus, for Your mighty greatness and excellent mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment