Thursday, January 29, 2009

What are we waiting for?

I was reading in Gen 42 today. Egypt and all the surrounding lands were in the middle of a 7 year famine.
"When Jacob learned that there was grain in Egypt, he said to his sons,"Why do you just keep looking at each other?" He continued, "I have heard that there is grain in Egypt. Go down there and buy some for us, so that we may live and not die." vs. 1-2
I think it is kind of funny how, like Jacob's sons, we often sit around waiting for God to send a solution to our problems. We think, "man, I'm hungry...if only I had some grain like they do down in Egypt. Maybe today God will provide some."
Psalm 139:4 says, "Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord." God knows our thoughts and needs before we even speak them to Him. I'm not suggesting that we should not pray about our situations. I'm simply wondering if, in many cases, God has already provided what we need if we will just choose to take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment