Monday, May 4, 2009

theSHIFT ladies accountability group

Ok ladies, as promised, here is the information for the new ladies group starting up...

Who: College age and 20 something's ladies

Who NOT: men and children (no exceptions Bruce!)

What: A group designed to help young women grow stronger spiritually, relationally and physically through accountability and good old fashioned fun!

When: Every Thursday night from 7-9pm.

Where: The location will be on the following schedule
1st Thursday of the mo. - Barnes and Noble
2nd Thursday - Fusion room at Element Church 600 Carlson
3rd Thursday - Fusion room at Element Church
4th Thursday - Marshall's house 1611 Gold Dust

This group is going to focus on 4 main areas of accountability. The first Thursday of every month, beginning this Thursday, we will be talking about relationships, the second Thursday health and fitness, the third Thursday our personal walk with the Lord, and the fourth week will be a planned service project. We will plan extra fun events for any month that contains an extra Thursday!
How to prepare:
I recommend getting some sort of journal. We will be sharing our goals and struggles with one another and keeping updates on our progress as we hold each other accountable.
For fitness nights I recommend coming in comfy clothes...on occasion we will be working out together (I plan on wearing comfy clothes every Thursday...what's better than hangin' with my girls in my jammies!?!?)
This group in general will be equally led and shared by all members, however, Macey and I will be the contact people if you have suggestions, concerns or questions.

Hope to see you at Synergy this Thursday at 7!!

3 comments:

  1. Few points of interest/concern:

    First - I resent that I had to be singled out like that. I have feelings too.

    Second - I thought the Marshall household was solely dedicated to sbux. Are you even allowed to go to Synergy?

    Third - I really do think this is Awesome for you girls. You'll all be able to build some really close connections and develop the community, support and accountability that theSHIFT is aimed at. God is gonna do some sweet stuff through your group...Go get'em girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawww, Bruce...that was so nice! You still can't come ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I'm so jealous! I wish I could be there. Have fun! =]

    ReplyDelete