Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fear

I think I have managed to make every mass mailing list known to man. Here is a rundown of my inbox... "UN looking to create One world government," conspiracy theory, impending global disaster, and, once again, Obama has plans to destroy the universe, etc, etc.

My greatest frustration in receiving all of these fwds is that all of them come from other Christians. I guess my question is this, where does our hope rest?

I heard someone speak of fear vs. faith not too long ago and they said something like this...

"Faith is believing that God is big enough to do the things that He says He will do, and putting our trust in Him."

"Fear is believing that satan is big enough to do the things that he says he will do, and putting our trust in him."

In 2Kings 6:15-17 the servant of Elisha wakes up to find that the entire city is surrounded by enemy chariots. He is immediately filled with fear. Then Elisha says this prayer, "O Lord, open his eyes so he may see." Then the servant looks out again and sees the hills full of horses and chariots of fire from the Lord.

Elisha's servant was only focused on the problem until God opened his eyes and gave him hope.

I realize that a one world government is coming, the Antichrist is coming, natural disasters are coming, oppression, cancer, death and the end of the world are all coming. But God says, "I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

So basically, this is my subtle way of saying, please remove me from your mailing list. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You go girl! I wholeheartedly agree! Blessings on you as you walk in God faith!!!
    Becky (Jeff's Mom)

    ReplyDelete