Wednesday, April 22, 2009

He stoops down...

The other week my daughter, Anjali, received a greeting card filled with stickers from Grandma Marshall. She was so excited (stickers are one of her greatest joys).

We are currently trying to instill the idea of gratitude in our children, so I suggested to Anjali that she write a thank you card to her grandparents. She was thrilled with the idea, so I gave her a pen and card and she began writing furiously while she expressed herself aloud, "Dear grandma and grandpa, Thank you for the stickers! I love them so much! I was so happy to get stickers. I like stickers very much. Thank you for sending me stickers. They are princess stickers...i love princess stickers. Love, Anjali."

Her thoughts were priceless...the only problem...Anjali is two years old and she doesn't know how to read or write. I, on the other hand, do know how to write :-) I could have allowed Anjali to dictate to me what she wanted to say to her grandparents...I could have written it out perfectly. When they received it, the words would have been clear and easy to understand.

So why did I let her write it? Because I know that the imperfections in Anjali's letter are what make it so special to her grandparents. They don't want a well written thank you card from me; they want the random, heart felt scribbled card from Anjali...it's perfect.

We serve a mighty God. Everything He does is perfect, but He also sees the power in our imperfections. He is made strong in our weakness. I think this may be what David was expressing about God in 2Sam when he says, "You stoop down to make me great." God brings Himself to our level and uses us in our imperfection. Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. wow heather. this is so encouraging. i love that verse. and the story is priceless!!

    love, becky w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! i didn't know you had a blog. that's awesome. i'll be sure to check it periodically:)

    ReplyDelete